I attended the excellent Scripting Enabled conference and developer day recently held in London. It was extremely enlightening about various aspects of the web and how users with varied access difficulties are affected by the decisions us developers make every day.
There were some excellent panels – links to the trascripts, slides and audio etc:
- Denise Stephens talking about her life with Multiple Sclerosis.
- Antonia Hyde from United Response talked about learning disabilities.
- Jonathan Hassell of t he BBC on Dyslexia
- Kath Moonan from Abilitynet talked about Why she hates the Interweb.
- Audio files for most of the session are available now too
[Kath hates the interweb!]
[The panel takes questions at the end of the day]