Great evening at the Geek Dinner last night, with guest Molly Holzschlag. I’ve only been to one other, where Chris Anderson gave us a talk about The Long Tail, so I was a bit surprised that Molly didn’t give a presentation as such, but we all enjoyed her company and she was pleased to chat with anyone about anything.
It was nice to catch up with existing friends; Sheila Farrell, Robert Lee-Cann, Ross Bruniges, Ian Forrester and Chris Heilmann, plus make some new ones! I had interesting chats with:
- Laurence Postgate about freelancing, design, beer and rugby
- Paul Boag on freelance photography
- Molly about her nomadic lifestyle!
- Andy Mitchell about beer and geeks 😉
- Eystein Alnæs on web design, Norway and Huskies
- David Long about blogging and design
- Frances Berriman on girlie geeks
So there we are, a good group of names I can now put faces to – see you at the next one folks!
Oh, and fresh from the recent Microformats WSG-meet, I’ve marked this up with a load of hCard info 🙂
Hey – It was nice to meet you! You’re as good as signed up for the next BarCamp, you realise!
Hi Frances – actually, that would be great, as I’ve finally thought of a topic I’d be happy presenting – Just need to know when it is!! 😉
Wonderful to have met you, really enjoyed our banter and I’m looking forward to more in the future 🙂